Length: 2 hr; Format: Audio; Recording Quality: Very good.
Ringu Tulku Rinpoche gave a teaching at Rigpa New York. Were you there? Can you share any details?
- 3:50 Studying the dharma; retreat is the beginning of practice
- 6:35 Cause of suffering, karma and kleshas
- 15:00 Understanding and mindfulness
- 27:40 Importance of understanding
- 37 Understanding, Mindfulness, and Clarity
- 42 Busyness and practicing dharma and role of mindfulness
- 44:00 How do we work on our emotions? Letting go, transforming, and understanding
- (55:50 – repression – the opposite of letting it go)
- 58:15 Transforming
- 1:06:10 Understanding ***
- 1:14:50 Questions, Tibetan for Letting Go, Transforming, Understanding
- 1:15:15 Question about harmful actions
- 1:18:30 Q: Relaxation,
- 1:22:15 Q Does self-liberation (understanding) incorporate transforming and relaxing (letting go)?
- 1:25:30 Q Resistance of ego
- 1:31:00 Q *** Dharma centers in NYC have declined over the years; RTR replies, why he thinks that centers don’t prosper
- 1:42:45 Q Dealing with strong emotions
- 1:45:20 Q Reactions to people versus reactions to events
Original Title: Resting the Mind in the Age of Facebook