Length: 18 min; Format: Video; Recording Quality: Excellent
Ringu Tulku Rinpoche gave a teaching at the Sangdo Palri Temple of Wisdom and Compassion in Crestone, Colorado, in November, 2015. Part of the teaching is incorporated into this video by Sophia Remolde (thank you Sophia).
- Teachings: Ringu Tulku Rinpoche
- Filmed + Edited: Sophia Remolde
- Music: “I Am a Man Who Will Fight for Your Honor” by Chris Zabriskie
- Narration: Temple Builders Dana Ming and William Filter
- Creative Consultants: Spafford Ackerly and Nat Kramer of Bodhicharya North America
- Special Thanks to: Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche and the Mangala Shri Bhuti sangha for allowing us to film at their glorious temple.
Summary of the Teaching
Kleshas and karma as the causes of suffering.
If others do something we don’t like that is our feeling, nobody can put us down unless we feel that. With the view that I have to do something about someone insulting me, we become more insulted. We cannot control what other people do.
The more I expect, the more I get hurt.
The thought can be that it’s the other person, but if I look deeply it’s how I react.
Instead of feeling hurt I can feel compassion.
Whether practice becomes true or not depends on how I see habitual tendencies.
Summary by DS